70 candidates, representing 18 nationalities have enrolled for the interpretation or improvisation competition.
The jury, was chaired by Michel BOUVARD, and consisted of Monica MELCOVA (Slovakia), Jeffrey BRILLHART (United States), Laszlo FASSANG (Hungary), Tomasz Adam NOWAK (Poland), and french Thierry ESCAICH, Erwan Le PRADO.
After a preselection round and two eliminating rounds, 5 candidates were selected in finales by the jury :
– 3 candidates in interpretation :
Mari MIHARA (Japan), Thomas OSPITAL (France), Joonho PARK (South Korea) ;
– 2 candidates in improvisation :
Baptiste-Florian MARLE-OUVRARD (France), Samuel LIÉGEON (France)
Program of the finale :
– Bach : Fantaisia and fugue in G minor BWV 542
– Franck : Prélude, fugue et variation
– Aubertin : Passacaille of the 1st sonate du Deuxième livre d’orgue
– Duruflé : Toccata, of the Suite opus 5
Three other prizes were also awarded :
“Prize Maurice DURUFLÉ” for the best interpretation of “Toccata” of the suite op. 5 : awarded to Thomas OSPITAL (France)
“Prize of the public” for Interpretation : awarded to Thomas OSPITAL (France)
“Prize of the public” for Improvisation : awarded to Baptiste-Florian MARLE-OUVRARD (France)